- Obtaining a copy of the death certificate
- Filing the death certificate with the Probate Court in the decedent’s county of residence
- Accounting for all property and assets named in the decedent’s will
- Distributing property and assets according to the will
- Paying final debts owed by the estate
- Filing final tax returns (when necessary)
- Working with any creditors that file a claim against the estate
Probating can take up to one year and involve many confusing legal documents. Thankfully, the help of a good lawyer can make the process considerably easier and far less time-consuming.
Contact An Estate Administration Attorney Today
With an office in Greenville, The Dennison Law Firm, P.C. serves clients throughout the Upstate of South Carolina. To learn more about what our firm can do for you as the Personal Representative of your loved one’s estate, contact us at 864-214-2463 for a free, initial 30-minute consultation. You can also send us an email.